Pages

Friday, August 12, 2011

Bobbi Brown Makeup Manual

The art of applying makeup is one of my new found interests!
It has come to my attention that very few women know how to apply makeup. I have observed on many occasions the' foundation mask' occurrence..you know, when women walk around covered in foundation that does not match their skin tone. The result: they look like they are wearing the white scream mask or even worse they appear ''over tanned'' on their face and a non- matching body.
Besides how irritating it is to me that people don't realise this themselves or why it is no one they know informs them of their error, I have come to the conclusion that badly applied makeup is the direct result of a lack of knowledge on what to use and how!
I have purchased Bobbi Brown's book or as it's title states: Makeup Manual and I can positively review that it is indeed a great guide.
For those of you who are not familiar with Bobbi Brown, she is a professional makeup artist well known to celebrities and fashion designers and she is the founder of her own cosmetics line.
This book is very well written as it is meant both for beginners and pros. I recommend it to any women who appreciates makeup. It is thorough in it's explanations, it covers all the basic rules and applies different ones for different skin tones which was a big selling point for me. The manual also explains the exact role different types of makeup play, who knew liquid foundation and cream foundation is used for differently. The book is full of easy tips and tricks as well as full on explanation and also diverts and links makeup to face structure and shape.

You can skim through the pages on Amazon
Let me know what you think

No comments:

Post a Comment