Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Where shall I put this??

I've recently been busy, I do apologise for my non posting! I have been re-organising my flat as I was missing major storage space and I have come to realise that all this make up and jewellery we girls own really takes up a lot of it! More importantly, I never know how I should be storing these items!

Make up tossed in a drawer seems to take up unnecessary space and I do not come to find this system all that practical! My next area of crisis has to be my jewellery; I have a serious bone to pick with who ever invented jewellery boxes!
Necklaces get all tangled and mixed up, what about earrings?? The longer, more delicate ones are very hard to ''toss in a box'' without damaging them, at least in the long run, so where the h*** do we store these items?

I have brainstormed and searched various ways to better organise these items, for me practicality is key!

Silverware Tray

Plain old usual silverware tray with sections. I have personally used something similar to this for my make up. 
The independent compartments are ace for organising mascara, make up pencils, lip glosses and so on!
These trays come in different shapes, sizes, color as well as material. You can get yourself a stainless steel one for a different look!





 Compartmented Trays


These boxes or trays ( They come minus the lid too) are reasonably easy to find in most DIY stores and are cheap indeed!
Some boxes come with larger sections which allows it to be used for make up as per the previous example otherwise they are terrific for storing your small lip gloss or eye shadows as well as rings and earrings

I will also add that using a cupcake tray will also make a great alternative for jewellery storage!















This is what I did using a comparmented tray

Earring Frame
Most fashion earring, probably with the exception of studs, are quite 'tricky' to organise and store.
Did you know: Jewellery should be stored the way it is worn.
This can prove particularly difficult when it comes to earrings.
I really like this idea! It's incredibly creative as well as decorative and it surely is practical.
This is also very easy to make yourself, all you need is :
  • A picture frame
  • Wire mesh/ window screen/ chicken wire
  • Heavy duty stapler
That's it!

The little Earring book

During my research for storing ideas, I came across this special case made to store earrings and it's shaped as a book! I love it, I know it's not part of the ''easy homemade'' solutions but I just had to share it with you. Also excellent for travelling.



No comments:

Post a Comment